Penguin Composites is an ethical Tasmanian business established in 1976.
We manufacture extensive products for diverse clients in composite and metal for the industrial, commercial, marine and recreational vehicle markets. We achieve our manufacturing, training and environment goals using best practices by using administrative systems, lean manufacturing and a workforce of 50 plus staff.
Composites products manufacturing is our speciality. Our capabilities include design and engineering of moulds and plugs, fibreglass and composite component manufacturing and specialist composite product manufacturing, carbon fibre laminations and post cure facilities.
You can find products made by Penguin Composites in Antarctica, such as igloos and sleds, our chairlift components and walkways in many airports worldwide, dash panels and heat-shields on underground mining machinery, our heat reduction products reducing the chance of fire at coal mines, sewage vessels for Sydney Water and CNC router panels used in architectural projects.
Check out Islander Campers and Composite Poles Australia to find out what else we manufacture!
Our products are designed in collaboration with our customers whether they are for mining, industrial, commercial, recreational or marine applications.
A recent innovative solution for a client has been our stainless steel exhaust and heat shields that reduce the incidence of accidental fires in coal mines.
In June 2009 Penguin Composites acquired Islander Campers of Devonport and has relocated this innovative business to our Penguin site. This purchase has strengthened the capabilities of Penguin Composites in the repair, refurbishment and manufacture of Caravans, Motor homes and Slide on Campers. 2012 saw the expansion in to a large filament winder capable of rapid production and pipe lengths to 15mt. 2015 saw the introduction of a large scale CNC router bed 2.5 x 6mt.
- To operate a manufacturing facility in Tasmania using composite materials.
- To deliver on time, in perfect working order and give value to our customers.
- To deliver outstanding client service.
- To provide fulfilling careers and professional satisfaction for our people.
- To assist and encourage our people to improve their knowledge, experience and qualifications.
- To achieve financial success by providing appropriate solutions for our clients.
- To be a leading provider of quality composite products, and be a business and community leader.
- Partnering with business.
- Offering our clients appropriate solutions.
- Supporting our services with skilled and community minded personnel.
- Utilising technology driven processes.
- Adopting alliances and partnerships.
- Tasmanian Chamber of Commerce and Industry
- Central Coast CC
- Composites Australia
- Productivity Improvers